Majority of Pakistani youth dreams to serve his nation by joining Pak Army. We at MMOP will try to explain you in simple and easy way how you can join Pak Army. You can join Pak Army either by PMA Long Course or by Short Service Regular Commission (SSRC) in AMC/ADC or by Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC).
Join Pak Army
You can join Pak Army either by PMA Long Course or by Short Service Regular Commission (SSRC) in AMC/ADC or by Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC). Here is the list of courses in Pakistan army
- PMA Long Course
- Short Service Commission SSC
- Direct Short Service Commission DSSC
- Lady Cadet Course LCC
- Medical Cadet Course MCC
Positions in Pak Army
- Second Lieutenant
- Captain SSC
- PMA Long Course
- Medical Cadet (M-Cadet)
- Female Captain Through Lady Cadet Course
Join Pak Army As Soldier
Join Pak Army by PMA Long Course
All Pakistani national can get regular commission in Pakistan Army through PMA Long Course after intermediate or bachelors. Only unmarried males can apply for this course.
Candidate’s age must be in between 17-22 years for intermediates, 17-23 for 2-years graduates and 17-24 for 4-years graduates, 17-24 years for Serving Army Soldiers.
Candidates must have % marks in FA/FSc. But if you have 60% marks in BA/BSc, then you apply for PMA long course with 50% marks in FA/FSc.
You must be mentally and physically fit. Minimum height must be 5′ – 4″ (162.5 cm) and weight should be according to body mass index (BMI). Calculate you BMI here.
Pakistan Military Academy long course is of two years duration.
Join Pak Army by SSRC
For SSRC: maximum age for MBBS candidates can be upto 28 years which can be relaxable upto 35 years. For candidates with higher postgraduate qualifications, maximum age is 32 years (relaxable upto 40 years).
Join Pak Army DSSC 2017
Latest job openings: join Pak Army through DSSC 2017 for following categories: Army Education Corps (AEC), Corps of Ordnance (Ord), Corps of Remount Veterinary and Farms Officers (RV&FC), Psychologist. Maximum age is 28 years as on 1 May 2017.
REGULAR COMMISSION IN PAKISTAN ARMY THROUGH 29TH TECHNICAL CADET COURSE
Schedule of Registration / Preliminary Tests. Registration and preliminary test will be held as per following schedule:-
(1) Registration 27 Feb – 24 Mar 2017 (Including Saturday/Sunday)
(2) Preliminary Test 29 Mar – 20 Apr 2017 (Except Saturday / Sunday Closed Holidays)
See complete details on: https://www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk/
Join Pak Army as Captain
Registration 09 January -03 February 2017
Preliminary Tests 20 February – 24 February 2017
General Ineligibility to apply for Pak Army Jobs
- Any candidate twice rejected by ISSB/GHQ/NHQ/AHQ Selection Board is ineligible to apply for Pak Army jobs.
- Any candidate declared Permanently unfit or medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C.
- Debarred from Government Service or from Armed Forces.
- Withdrawn from any Academy / Training Institution of Armed Forces on any ground.
- Convicted from Court for moral turpitude offence.
Registration & Selection Procedure
First thing you need to decide from which course you join Pak Army, then see both of its eligibility and ineligibility criterias and make sure that you fulfill all the requirements. There are two ways through which you can start your career in Pakistan Army. You can either apply by online or you can visit Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs) and apply.
First method is that you can apply online by visiting www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk and fill the form online. You can pay the fees on spot on the day of test.
Second method is by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs) and fill the form
Documents required for registration
- Original and 1x attested photocopy of Matric / F.Sc detailed mark sheets.
- Original and 1x attested photocopy of CNIC or Form-B with guardian CNIC (in case of age less then 18 years).
- 3 x coloured passport size photographs duly attested (front and back) by Principal/Class-1 Gazetted Officer.
After registration you will be given a roll number slip. Next step is to clear written test. Written test is MCQs based test from English, Maths, Pak Studies, Islamiat and General Knowledge subjects.
If you passed the written test, you are one step closer to final selection and now need to clear the physical test. I advise you t start practising this one month prior to test so that you can easily clear this physical test. Here is the list of physical exercises which will be examined
- 1.6 Km Running in 8 minutes
- 15 Push Ups 15 repetitions in 2 minutes
- 20 Sit Ups repetitions in 2 minutes
- 3 Chin Ups repetitions in 2 minutes
- Ditch Crossing – 7’.4” x 7’.4” and 4’ deep.
Practice well to get selected. Start 1 month before. Do slowly and the increase it gradually. You can perform much better from above mentioned exercises.
After clearing physical test you will be called for interview at AS&RC and successful candidates will be called for ISSB test. You will be informed about ISSB test through their website and by call up letter. This is the most difficult part and you can get more information about ISSB from here.
I hope you understand well about how you can join Pak Army. This is the complete procedure. And I wish you good luck for selection and serving the nation. Keep visiting this page as it will be updated and posted every new Pak Army jobs opening.